A community making a difference in the world

A community making a difference in the world

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

We Are All Part of One Body

Last evening, I was reading Paul's letter to the Corinthians (I).  Coincidentally (or by God's plan is more likely), I came across a really interesting passage that immediately connected in my mind with our congregation's upcoming mission trip.  In Chapter 12, verse 12, Paul describes "The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all of its parts are many, they form one body."  I couldn't help but think that this was such a great analogy for how our congregation is all working together - in unison - to accomplish a singular objective:  Love our Neighbors.  We are working together - each in their own unique way, and to the fullest extent of their abilities - to extend our love to people in West Virginia that we have never met before.  What will they think?  How will they respond when we roll-up with a van filled with batteries, books, shower curtains, gift cards, big smiles and helping hands?  This is a moment I am anticipating with the eagerness of a child waiting for Christmas morning gifts.  John, Allyson, Chris, Terry and I will be the hands in West Virginia, but without the rest of the body, none of it would be possible.  Thank you all for giving me/us this opportunity to serve and love our neighbors.  You will be with us in spirit every step of the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment